It has been delayed, but at last Google and Hootsuite have reached an agreement so that Google+ company pages can be managed from the Hootsuite board with all the price plans, that is, if until now this was only possible in the Enterprise version of Hootsuite, we can do it from any plan, both the Pro and the free .
Great news that will allow us to rescue more than one company page from oblivion and turn it into a true digital marketing tool, buy youtube views since there was no reasonable way to manage posts on various social networks if it was not always working from the same Google+ page and using subterfuges like the
But attention! The new functionality of Hootsuite is valid for pages, not for profiles.
In short, now some observations about the installation:
First of all you have to enter with the browser in the Google+ profile associated with the company page that we want to include in Hootsuite.
and quite possibly will continue its trend throughout 2013, in video game applications, social networks, entertainment, news and useful applications for the user.
Nor should we forget the deep success of applications aimed at sharing multimedia content (photos and video) like Instagram, with 50 million downloads in iTunes is one of the most popular applications worldwide.
Next we go to Hootsuite (always with the same user of the browser with which we have connected to Google+) and click on the icon (red arrow).
This is the place to check the real connections Hootsuite maintains , because you may have deleted tabs on the board, but that does not mean that Hootsuite is connected to that social network.
If you use the free plan and you already have five networks connected, you will have to delete some to make room for Google+ or move to the payment plan.
You give “Add social network” and the following panel opens:Clicking on “Connect with Google+” offers you to import your page or company pages. If you leave the automatic creation of columns checked, you will not have to create them later.
If you also want to add another column, such as the messages published or the column corresponding to a specific circle, click on add column and it appears:
Very simple and very useful. An important change for Google+? Of course, because many do not want to launch into the arms of Gooogle + , but we would like to make this social network coexist with Twitter, Facebook and company.
And publishing at the same time in all is the first step.
Mobile marketing is a revolution for companies and users, in fact, it is estimated that the calculation of sales of smartphones in 2012 will be higher than laptops and desktop PCs , buy youtube views which means that in December of this year there will be more than 500 million smartphones, in the hands of users eager to have access to the Internet so close. The number of consumers will increase, as will the use of applications and mobile advertising itself, which will help enrich the user experience.
The mobile phone is constantly used to access local websites, but also to . In fact, and according to comScore data, 55 percent of all Twitter traffic and 45 percent of all Facebook traffic is the product of mobile user access. This behavior has a fundamental relevance both for companies and for brands that are marketed through mobile devices and, for those who still do not, a whole range of possibilities to spread their messages is opened.
Possibilities of mobile advertising
The mobile applications and mobile advertising are starting an unstoppable growth due to the unprecedented increase in the use of smartphones.
The significant direct traffic generated by mobile users in both social networks and web pages leads us to believe that it will not take long to consider a change in current advertising and marketing.
The enormous advantages of mobile marketing for companies such as knowing the location of users, together with the ability to know the social profiles of consumers, allows companies and brands know in advance what consumers want before they reach your destiny.
For 2013, the main trends in mobile marketing have a commitment focused on content and services based on geolocation . In terms of content, we will try to enhance the participation of those customers who are already committed to the brand to spread the message. Gamification will be enhanced , that is, simple applications of games with a final reward related to the brand.
On the other hand, the geolocalicación will try to be exploited jointly with services of coupons based on QR codes, with which the users can interact.
Mobile marketing apps improvements
Just a couple of years ago there were very few who knew the inventory of the App Store, however, now there are about 500,000 applications to download and more than 10,000 new apps are presented each month . And that not only happens with iPhone, but with Android and with any other platform.
There is no doubt that, possibly, the work of developer of mobile applications is one of the professions with more possibilities of the present and the nearest future.
The data seems to be clear in terms of the preference of the users of apps, which will surely configure the trends for the remainder of 2012 and next 2013.
According to the data of the company Flurry, users spend an average of 94 minutes a day using mobile applications, of which more than half is occupied by social networks and games, while the rest is dedicated to news and entertainment.
This will mean that mobile application developers , as well as the companies and brands themselves, will try to monetize that time that the consumer invests using applications to show ads to their consumers.
The apps market is focused, and quite possibly will continue its trend throughout 2013, in video game applications, social networks, entertainment, news and useful applications for the user.
Nor should we forget the deep success of applications aimed at sharing multimedia content (photos and video) like Instagram, with 50 million downloads in iTunes is one of the most popular applications worldwide.
When creating a Social Media plan, objectives can not be absent. They are the ones that determine the strategy and therefore the actions that will be carried out to reach them. But it is as important to know where we are going as to know if we are getting it . buy youtube views If so, it means that you are following the right direction, but if not, there is the possibility of readjusting the actions to reach the goal and maximize the investment.
Starting with the objectives , they must be tangible, measurable and, above all, achievable. It is useless to set objectives that allow any manager to dream if they are impossible to achieve, as they will generate frustration and may raise inappropriate strategies and actions. At the same time, if they are too simple they may be limiting the success of a campaign, so it is best to be realistic and ambitious in the right measure, knowing that it is possible to achieve them if you work well.
Some examples of objectives in Social Media:
- Increase the impact on the Internet (which can later be measured in mentions, retweets, appearances on blogs and forums, etc.).
- Create notoriety (measurable with an increase of reproductions in YouTube, for example).
- Increase traffic to the web by 30%.
Therefore, to know if they are finally achieved, KPI or Key Performance Indicators are used , which are nothing more than performance indicators to quantify objectives. KPI’s are not only used in Social Media, but also in other business areas, especially for activities that are difficult to measure.
But how should these KPIs be ? The most important thing for them to work is that they are well defined and to ensure this, the SMART formula is followed, a word composed of the acronyms of each characteristic that makes up a perfect KPI.
- Specific (Specific) : refer to the concretion. Neither too concrete, nor too general, but neither too theoretical.
- Measurable : must be measured in quantitative terms.
- Attainable (Achievable) : move away from utopias so that they are achievable and tangible, for example fixing some aspect that is not yet being developed.
- Relevant (Relevant) : the information you provide must be relevant for the analysis.
- On time (Timely) : measurable in real time.
With all this, below you can see some examples of KPI’s:
- Number of articles published.
- Number of comments
- Specific amount of fans or followers.
- Feeling of comments (positive, negative, neutral).
Although KPIs begin to be measured when actions are put in place, it is necessary to plan them at the same time as the objectives and strategies.
Until not long ago, it was a sign of innovation to incorporate the Facebook or Twitter logo on our website. buy youtube views Today, it is not an option, but an obligation. Social media gain support among companies (from the smallest to the largest), but although managers and communication departments are thrilled to see that their number of followers increases in the networks, this does not mean clear business success or the return on investment . Companies need ways to track the money that comes in front of the resources invested in social media initiatives.
The problem that many companies that are in social networks have, is that they do not know what benefits (in economic terms) their presence on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin or others brings. It seems that “you have to be in social networks because that’s what my competition or the other companies do” , but for a brand to make an account in a social network must have an objective .
In most cases, the objective is to increase sales, but there may be many others depending on the sector in which the company moves or the objectives of the organization itself. If you finally get it, would you know how to determine the return on investment with the social use of the media?
What factors make us sell more in Social Media?
In June of this year, the researcher Mainstay Salire, conducted a study on the return on investment in social media. Some of the conclusions that were drawn were aimed at understanding what aspects allow a company to sell more thanks to its presence in a social environment in the network. Although there are many factors that refer to the particularity of each sector and the needs of its customers, in general rules we could say that the increase in value with content designed for users, attractive offers made only for followers and the transparency offered by these means (since they allow direct connection to the company with customers), helps boost sales.
No doubt these factors are essential ingredients to increase sales of companies, but many executives are not able to scale their initiatives in social media and determine the frequency or intensity of these actions to extract their benefits more quickly and much less to measure ROI or return on investment. This is when the metrics come into play.
Which metrics are more effective?
When we talk about measuring, we think about a difficult task and that we will occupy a time that we need for other things but, what is more important in a business than selling? Remember: the proper measurement in Social Media must be easy, scalable and measurable, and if you want this to be accomplished you must start by setting yourself an objective or objectives.
Like any other task, we will have to adapt to your process, after this adaptation, it will become a routine activity and that will bring us many satisfactions. This routine is based on three steps, which we could call “ABC”: Analytics, Benchmarking and Conclusions.
In the analysis we break down the most important metrics, in the benchmarking we will perform the evaluation of results and, the last step, extract the conclusions of the whole process.
- Analytics : Analyze the objectives of your social media activities and decide which metrics to use. The most common are usually:
- The interactions of the followers : the follow-up of likes, comments, tweets, mentions, etc.
- subscriptions ; A client who is willing to receive periodic updates about a company, will have established a connection with it, which implies that it will be more receptive to the messages.
- Sentiment of the messages : for a company it is essential to know what is good or bad about your product, if there are complaints, if there are criticisms, … this allows you to adjust the quality of the products to the offer.
- User actions : interactions should be kept in mind, not only in social communication messages, but if our Facebook page includes a download to a video, a survey, applications, etc., it is easy to draw conclusions about the interest through the analysis of actions taken.
- Shared messages : Facebook repost or retweets on Twitter, for example, are actions denominated by social analysts as a gesture of “loyalty” to the brand.
- Clicks : social media is a connector between the company and the customer, in the middle is the corporate website, so it is key to know how many visitors of social media have become visitors to the website of the company. This term in web analytics called “click-through”. This metric says a lot about the interest that a page raises about a product or service.
- Benchmarking: the moment arrives, with this step, to put in writing all the data collected in the previous metrics. As we said before, to make this process as easy as possible, we will have to build our own routines to update the report: once a week, once a month, etc. You can consult here more information about
- Conclusions: the time has come to take the time to compare data and draw conclusions. Look at those moments where “peaks” or “descents” are experienced, what is causing these special events? Answering this question can help you improve your activity and achieve better results. Compare all the metrics together to determine trends, and contrast other channels and actions, get all the necessary information to optimize tactics and repeat them over time or improve them, if necessary.
You invest thousands of euros in a stand at the best fair in your sector, spend on travel, accommodation and promotional material and, also, for a week several people in the company do not engage in anything else. And total, for what? buy youtube views
Anyone who has ever attended a fair, regardless of the sector, has asked this question more than once. The answer usually depends on the handful of interesting contacts made and whether they have led to a juicy business (“it was worth it!”) Or not (“a waste of time, it’s the last time we go!”).
However, there is no reason to leave the outcome of a fair at the whim of chance . There are two types of initiatives that, whatever happens, help turn the presence into a fair into a success: traditional and social media .
In Spain the first is little mastered and the second is completely unknown , or at least that is my personal conclusion after seeing many fairs from different sectors and countries.
The traditional initiative:
For the efficient company, the organization of the presence in a fair starts a year before the start of this one. The stand has already assigned its budget and all the staff knows that your company will show its best image, from such to such day in the fairground X.
Throughout the year the commercials invite clients to their stand, buyers to their suppliers, the most important contracts are tried to sign during the fair, a communication plan is prepared, talks are proposed for the fair, a party is organized in the stand (or elsewhere) some day of the sample, etc.
Put to take things to the extreme, there have also always been specialists in organizing night programs to their customers. I leave that
to your imagination.
In any case, who manages to turn your stand into a center of attention for your customers, suppliers and the sector in general, has had and will succeed in any fair.
The social media initiative :
Visits to the fair go less. I remember the heroic times when SIMO occupied nine pavilions on its own and many professionals visited it several days in a row. Nowadays it is normal to go half a day to the fair in our sector, listen to a talk and make a lightning visit to the exhibition .
However, the fact that few people pass does not mean that we can not take advantage of our stand in depth. Because now we have Internet and social networks, with which we can get the fair to a large number of people who will never step on it. And here is the key to the matter. We must prepare our presence at the fair, not thinking mainly of that 20% of people who will visit us, but of the 80% who will not come , but are willing to follow our activities at a distance.
How to make a maximum of people interested in our stand? As always, offering interesting content to our audience.
- Disclose our next presence at the fair through Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.
- Tell on Twitter who visits us and what they tell us.
- Show the photos with our visitors on Facebook.
- Disclose the talks of the congress attached to the fair.
- Organize round tables, to which we will invite authorities of the sector, and offer them by streaming on our website.
- Invite different clients or suppliers to our stand and record an interview with each one that we will show on the company’s video channel.
- Draw a prize on Facebook and deliver it to the stand.
- Dedicate an afternoon to receive at our stand candidates who want to leave your CV.
- Send a newsletter halfway through the fair with a summary of what happened.
In summary, a stand can serve as an excellent catalyst to activate a large campaign in social media , which together with its traditional utility keeps it as a very interesting and current marketing tool .
Ryanair is giving a lot to talk about lately. buy youtube views Their last unexpected landings (several during this summer) along with other problems that have damaged the comfort of their passengers, have opened or a multitude of debates on the Internet , where the fuse has ignited and the flames point menacing towards this Irish company. Some of the latest news?
At least 4 aircraft short of fuel in just a couple of months , fraud on their tickets, tricks raising the price of tickets to change currency or passengers without air conditioning with external temperatures of 38 degrees are some of the pearls that can be read lately about the company. Plan B is demonstrating that new online tools do not harm the record industryif not on the contrary, web 2.0 and social networks project a brutal energy to create unique musical projects.
Carlos uploads the musical bases so that any artist or fan can contribute their bit when composing those songs, mix the contributions and go back up again to the web. Anyone can vote the project and, through the Facebook and Twitter profiles of the brand, the users say, share, contribute, propose … To finally, record a disc with the most voted contributions and collaborations of recognized artists.
Ryanair customer service is leaving much to be desired, starting with its service but continuing with the lack of attention to the cilente through a company that has most of its outsourced services. The claims become increasingly complicated, which has led to the publication of all kinds of information pointing to the risks of traveling with the company , such as , which provides 15 reasons not to do so and only one to trust the Irish airline. , however, jokes with a forced landing due to lack of passengers.
Where does this situation lead? The passengers do not hesitate to comment on their social networks every unforeseen event that occurs with Ryanair. This however is nothing extraordinary, since we are already accustomed to having both positive and negative experiences run through social networks. But perhaps what is most affecting is the negative image that is being created around the brand.
The fact that negative comments continuously proliferate and that directly affect the group of users to which we belong (Spanish geographical area) has also made all kinds of related information appear on the part of the media, such as the examples that have been shown above. The collection of some media of recent disasters and the increase of conversation about the problems that have taken place increases the interest of the audience and in turn, makes new events more interesting about the company.
For the moment, it seems that the fact that it offers an economic service still attracts customers, willing to pay less for their journeys. However, low cost services should never be expensive to avoid losing their essence and it seems that Ryanair aircraft, more than ever, are losing their way.
Television programs and the world of cinema benefit from social networks and, in general, buy youtube views all forms of entertainment have seen how social media has exerted a strong influence on the behavior of its users. The musicians are the first who also benefit from social networks, since more than 70 percent of users on social networks have listened to the music of an artist after one of their friends published it on their social media profile .
Music has an important advantage in its favor: it has a large viral component, which has allowed it to take a central place not only in the world of entertainment, but in most aspects of communication related to consumers. Music is often a point of conversation for most consumers , as it usually promotes interaction and raises passionate opinions. This is a golden opportunity for most brands to connect with their audience.
Music, weapon for brands
Everything started in Pepsi in 1960, when he realized the great marketing potential that music had. His strategy from the beginning was to associate, intelligently, with a large number of super stars in the musical universe, such as Ray Charles, Michael Jackson or Shakira . This strategy was later copied by many other brands, especially those of alcoholic beverages, which have even made special collaborations with musicians, festivals, music schools, etc.
Good example of the power of music, is in the that launched this summer, where users could automatically create the poster of his Heineken Festival, while they sang songs of the bands chosen. The poster could be shared on Facebook or Twitter and the more people listened to the playlist, the more chances the participants had to win big prizes.
It was very important at the time of its launching and still is, the media and its ambassador Carlos Jean. The music producer has embarked on the most revolutionary project of recent years, in full controversy about the damage that Internet does to music. Plan B is demonstrating that new online tools do not harm the record industryif not on the contrary, web 2.0 and social networks project a brutal energy to create unique musical projects. Carlos uploads the musical bases so that any artist or fan can contribute their bit when composing those songs, mix the contributions and go back up again to the web. Anyone can vote the project and, through the Facebook and Twitter profiles of the brand, the users say, share, contribute, propose … To finally, record a disc with the most voted contributions and collaborations of recognized artists.
How do I use music in the social networks of my business?
Music has shown that it can be integrated not only in social networks, but also in the marketing plans of companies . There is no need to have Beyonce to attract our followers, there are also other ways that help us extract the power of music. Some small keys that companies should consider to use digital music services to improve their marketing efforts are:
- Take advantage of the power of music so that our audience associates us every time they hear a song or artist. We can create lists built through services such as and Grooveshark that have a list of successes and that also have the ability to be shared.
- Making playlists with shareable content will be more successful. Groovershark has lists that can be shared through Facebook and Twitter, and even embedded in sites like and
- Spotify playlists can also be entered inwith the possibility of direct links so they can be published on all social networks.
In summary, then:music, brands and social networks are the perfect cocktail.Sources and references:Interesting infographics of Lab42.com: “Social Sound Bytes”
As much as there are people whose intention is to succeed through Social Media and Marketing and become super rich in a very short time, I have to say that I am very sorry.buy youtube views It does not work like that.
Dress me slowly, I’m in a hurry
For all those brands that want to get benefits instantly implementing strategies (I will not go into the quality or type) the best they can do is participate in lottery type Bonoloto or buy coupons ONCE, but do not use marketing as a way to improve your short-term performance.
A marketing strategy needs, first, an analysis of some data, data that the company must provide to:
- Study carefully what the competition is doing.
- See what are the trends in our niche market.
- Understand what our aspects are in favor to enhance them even more if possible.
- Analyze our weak points to study a way to strengthen them and make it difficult for our competition to attack that flank.
On the other hand, before conducting a marketing campaign we must know in depth the brandin which we submerge, we have to know in detail who we are dealing with, what values they have and which of those values we can use in marketing in a positive way to our image and for the product, to reinforce our position. And of course, we must know the product to be able to promote it.
I have met many clients who have told me, “Inma, I’ll be honest, I’m interested in implementing a strategy (Social Networks), but have results if not immediate, almost instantaneous, I have to report …”
How long does it take to make, for example, a good filetón? For it to be really good, it has to be at its point, little done or burned. Like marketing strategies.
It is impossible to think that a proper marketing strategy can be planned to get results from today to tomorrow. It is materially impossible, since we must implement related actions, for example, to reach the audience, and the audience, for the simple fact that we are there and say “hey, you can follow me!”, Will not go to flock to us without knowing us, without knowing who we are or what we do, and above all, having no idea of what we have to offer them.
The actions require a time of, first, execution and later of analysis . At all times we must check whether our strategy works according to the objectives set, and go modifying the aspects that are not optimal in terms of ROI for us, and, although many think that it is a process of “trial and error”, it is rather a set of actions designed for our audience based on their tastes, preferences and interests .
In short, show me slowly I’m in a hurry. Do not rush or force the machine, our strategies must be designed in the medium or long term to be more effective and give us a greater margin of maneuver. And if you do not have that margin … you’ll be better off playing the bonoloto.
If the client was important in the era prior to the explosion of Social Media, now even more, buy youtube views since his voice is heard by all. In the hand of the company is to take advantage of their opinions to achieve greater satisfaction , but also with what this double-edged sword means: if you do not take advantage of it, it turns against you because the opinions (also the negative ones) will follow its course .
A dissatisfied customer can be a powerful weapon of destruction for a company that can only be diluted improving the service and looking for solutions as fast as possible. In order to do so, it is essential to detect this discontent, which inevitably forces monitoring on all social networks and the Network in general to detect these possible problems before they run like wildfire.
This is especially important, taking into account that there are no schedules on the Internet and communication flows 24 hours a day.
So, in order to avoid unpleasant surprises or rather, to control those situations in which no company would like to be, you can follow the following tips:
- Define the personnel that will be responsible for monitoring and communication : they must be suitable for these functions and be trained for them, taking into account the image of the company and its communication line. In addition, they must have previously drawn up the action and response protocols for each situation.
- Accessible and visible customer service : making available and professional customer service available to users and customers will avoid problems. Thus, you will avoid doubts before starting the purchasing process (thus allowing less abandonments to take place), but also, after sales doubts that could lead to dissatisfied customers. With the data provided you can also obtain valuable information on the aspects to be improved, both on the service and on the offer or the product / service offered.
- The best information within the own channels : each company must work so that all the doubts are solved within their plots, avoiding leaks of users who go to the search of other sites and users to solve any question around the product or service. Sections with frequently asked questions, online chat, customer service phone with a wide schedule or email with quick response will be some of the keys to get it.
- Customer service is not limited to the telephone : they must extend it as much as possible. Social networks, telephone or e-mail, for example. The versatility of the Internet allows large scale communication and staying alone in one wave means losing much of the dialogue with the user, always with new information to contribute to keep improving.
In short, being attentive to what our users do and where they do it , will allow us to know what is better and worse is being done, to keep improving. Also, the actions that allow resolving any crisis situation will allow to reinforce the image of the company.
Google Analytics is undoubtedly one of the best tools buy youtube views for webmasters when it comes to knowing the real performance of their websites and blogs because of the quality of the statistics they offer and the possibility of linking them to other services, such as AdSense .
But, we can not forget that, even if a tool has great potential, we must adjust it to our needs , that is, we must configure it in a way that meets our needs, since, otherwise, it will not work for us.
For this reason, we must take into account a series of basic parameters to configure in Google Analytics :
- eliminate redundant parameters in the URLs : sometimes we find that the urls, after the username, something like “session_xysa”, what it does is show different urls for the same page in the content section of Analytics. To avoid this, in the configuration of the administrators section, we must activate the option “exclude URL query parameter”.
- Optimize the use of the accounts and the structure of the profiles : as we all know, not everything is valid for the same. To different uses, different profiles, something that Analytics allows, since it gives us the possibility of having up to 50 profiles per email account.
- Make a backup of your profiles : a backup of the profiles we have created, allows us to recover them in case something goes wrong. To do this, we simply have to create a profile with the same administrator settings without using any filter.
- Track the website : this way, we can obtain important information regarding what people search within our website. To do this, simply implement the tracking code from the administration panel.
- Making an improper use of funnels and objectives : this may cause an erroneous analysis of the conversion processes and the abandonment of our website by the user, which would lead us to not optimize the most important pages. For this reason, we must identify the Objectives based on URLs, events or even time, in addition to setting the goal and supervising data collection to ensure adequate tracking of objectives and redirects.
These are a series of basic tips to optimize Google Analytics , but of course there are many more.A dissatisfied customer can be a powerful weapon of destruction for a company that can only be diluted improving the service and looking for solutions as fast as possible. In order to do so, it is essential to detect this discontent, which inevitably forces monitoring on all social networks and the Network in general to detect these possible problems before they run like wildfire.