We all want the posts on our blog to be read and go viral. We want to have visits, comments and sharing Brazil business email list . And if we achieve that the article is positioned among the first results of the search engines, the feeling of triumph that invades us is indescribable.
Is that so, or not?
Having visitors on a blog (especially if it is corporate) can make our company known and position ourselves as experts in the sector . In the medium and long term, surely this positioning will become possible clients.
However, to get results from a blog we must know the secrets that hide the search engines. The ideal theme, the density of keywords or the length of the writing are key for Google to catapult us to the top positions.
Today we will give you a hand in the last concept that we mentioned: the ideal extension of the publications of your blog. Attentive!
WHAT IS THE IDEAL LENGTH OF A POST?
Here’s the answer: Long articles , between 1,000 and 2,500 words, are the ones that help increase the organic traffic.
The reason is simple: the longer the text, the more hints the search engines have to determine the theme of the publication.
The only advantage is not only that. When writing a long post, you are likely to deal with several related topics. Thus, you could achieve positioning in Google with “long tail” keywords , that is, keywords or long and specific phrases that users also use to perform searches (although less frequently).
Let’s see an example. There is currently an oversaturation in search engines for keywords like “Women’s dresses”. On the other hand, if we try to position ourselves with words like “red night dresses for women” (keywords “long tail”), we probably manage to climb several positions and, consequently, receive more visits.
Finally, in a post of more than 2,500 words you will avoid keyword stuffing . This malign SEO technique consists of using too many keywords within a text. It could be understood as an “over-optimization” practice that years ago could give results, but right now it is penalized by search engines.
So, writing long posts will allow you to position yourself better, avoid SEO practices that are not recommended, such as keyword stuffing, and also position yourself for more than one theme at the same time. It’s not bad, right?
WHAT IF WE ARE NOT GOOD AT WRITING?
It is clear that not all companies have the necessary resources (or experts with writing skills) to devote the attention they deserve to blog articles.
In those cases, the ideal thing is to write posts that exceed 300 words and, if possible, that reach 1,000 . This is what Yoast explains in his blog , the WordPress plugin that helps you improve the positioning of your website.
In this way we will give the search engines enough material to understand the topic we are talking about.
SHORT OR LONG BUT ALWAYS WELL WRITTEN!
Yes, In all cases it is important to write the articles well and structure them properly. Otherwise, readers will not finish reading them, nor will they share or go viral.
In short, we will have made an effort to write a quality post that will not be read by anyone afterwards.
For that reason, never forget to build posts well, write clearly and concisely and create short paragraphs. The user will thank you infinitely!
The pagination WordPress is one of the problems of duplicate content frequently belgium email lists . To understand us quickly, this concept refers to the pages that are generated automatically when a file of a blog (a category, a tag, the label author contains several elements.
Let’s see an example to understand it better:
In these URLs, the first corresponds to the category of ” Online Advertising ” of the Mediaclick blog, and the rest are the pages that have been self-generated because there are several posts labeled with that category.
At first glance it might seem that it is not duplicate content, because each page leads to different articles (although of the same category). However, Google does not think the same.
In this situation, it is better to get down to work. Otherwise, Google could harm the positioning of our site.
The first step, obviously, would be to detect that we have duplicate content on our website. Lets go see it.
DETECT DUPLICATE CONTENT WITH GOOGLE SEARCH CONSOLE
Google Search Console is a tool that Google makes available to webmasters. Among the various functionalities that it offers, the one that interests us is the one that indicates the duplication of content .
To see it, we must go to Appearance in the search engine -> HTML improvements. In this section several incidents are indicated, but those that interest us are the “duplicate meta-descriptions” and the “duplicate title tags”.
In these sections we will see what content Google considers to be duplicated on our website.
SOLVE DUPLICATE CONTENT DUE TO WORDPRESS PAGING
Several types of incidents may appear, but if you detect any paging, you can remedy it in the following way, step by step:
- Download the Yoast by SEO plugin. The first step is to download the Yoast By SEO plugin, a powerful tool that allows you to improve the SEO of your website.
- Activate the advanced settings. Once you have it downloaded and activated, you must also activate the advanced settings pages. To do this, go to the Control Panel and, under Features, activate this option.
- Activate the noindex tag. Do not panic! Although we talk about labels, you do not need HTML knowledge. To activate it, simply go to the section “Titles and goals” and, in the “Other” section, click on “noindex” in the “Subpages of files” option.
BENEFITS OF MEASURING CONVERSIONS WITH GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Although it may seem obvious that the use of Google Analytics has a number of obvious advantages USA email list , the truth is that it never hurts to review the reasons why it is better to choose this way instead of others.
As we have already seen, thanks to Google Analytics, the control of the situation will be total. In this way at all times you can know the origin of your conversion which will provide you with a large amount of information.
LOTS OF INFORMATION.
Precisely the information is another of the great advantages that this system has. An information that well analyzed, weighed and studied can lead us to more interesting conclusions. Some conclusions that can reaffirm us in the strategy we are using to achieve conversions or, on the contrary, can give us the keys we need to change course and guide the strategy in another direction.
Being an official product, we will have two benefits. On the one hand we will be able to have in real time all the updates that Google Analytics has and, on the other hand, within the network of networks, we will be able to verify for ourselves, the large amount of available documentation that there is so that Training will not be a problem.
Creating backlinks is the most important thing in SEO
Devote a lot of time to position your website creating backlinks.
There are many tools to create backlinks, but then I list a list of 13 free SEO tools to search for website backlinks . This list includes only online and free tools email list . There are other tools of payment backlinks or wordpress plugin, but in my opinion it is not necessary to invest money in them.
- Woorank It is a tool that gives a lot of information about the positioning of a site in search engines, then you can download them in PDF. Link: Woorank
- Long Tail Keyword-Tool Throws several results based on search suggestions that Google Suggest. It allows you to search for combinations of up to 12 levels and then export the results in CSV format. Link: Long Tail Keyword-Tool
- Smartpagerank It is fast analyzing results on PageRank, nofollow, anchor text. Link: Smartpagerank
- Linkscape offers results on inbound links, anchor text and mozRank among many. Link: Linkscape
- Majestic seo gives a report on redirection, nofollow, anchor text among several. Link: Majestic seo
- Linkdiagnosis gives complete reports and an extension for firefox. Link: Linkdiagnosis Link: LinkDiagnosis Plugin for Firefox
- Opensiteexplorer allows you to analyze up to 10,000 incoming links, the authority of the domain and the anchor text. Link: Opensiteexplorer
- Blinkrs throws data on PageRank, Alexa, nofollow and the anchor, allows us to see 100 to 1000 links. Link: Blinkers
- Domain Checker Checker classifies results based on first and second level domains. Link: Domain Checker Checker
- Link Popularity Analysis analyzes the title and the meta-tags on PageRank and if the site is registered in Dmoz, Yahoo’s directory and on Archive.org. Link:
- Backlink Watch offers data on anchor texts, PageRank and link type. Link: Backlink Watch
- LinkPopularity yields results on the number of external links or backlinks in Google, MSN and Yahoo. Link: LinkPopularity.com.